Monday, October 1, 2012

Blog Post #100

I created this blog in April 2010.  It began as a book blog to post my book reviews as I read throughout the year.  I broke form on Independence day when I posted the Declaration of Independence.  Then a few months later I posted my first off-topic post - about Conservatives not being close-minded.
I posted a total of 13 times that first year.

In 2011 I didn't do much.  I posted 11 times, mostly about books again and also one really LONG post comparing two of my favorite father figures - Tevye and Jean Valjean.
Then in February of this year I decided I wanted to get more serious about writing.  I also decided that I wanted a forum to share my thoughts.  I've now written 76 posts this year.
I knew that to have a popular or successful blog I would need a specific topic - some niche or genre to draw people to my blog.

I failed.

I didn't want to be limited to discussing politics, or religion, or psychiatry, or medical research, or books.  I wanted to discuss EVERYTHING!  I wanted a venue where I could write anything too long to put on Facebook.
(maybe that's why my blog only has 4 followers after 100 posts?)

I don't know everything, and I am not THE EXPERT on the topics I blog about.
 - I really am a Simple Citizen who is just trying to make a difference in this world.  Someday I hope to write something important enough that it gets referenced from some big news source and thousands of people end up reading my writings.  I'll never monetize my blog - because that's not the point.  I'm not here to make money, I'm here to make a difference.

For now I'll practice on all of you.  Most of you are Facebook Friends who follow one of my links here.  The rest of you - I have no idea how you landed here.  But if you have feedback, critiques, encouragement, corrections, or even topics you'd like me to research and write about (because I'm nerdy like that) - just ask.

Also - on the off chance someone else wants to try writing a blog post - I'd be happy to have my first "Guest Blogger."  I guess we'll see. 

Thanks for reading.  It's nice to know at least a few people are reading what I write.

2 comments:

Sage said...

I don't remember how I found your blog, but I enjoy reading it and have it bookmarked on my smartphone. I'm a conservative Mormon mom of 5 living north of NYC with lots of interests, including books and politics.

Thanks. Difference made.

Simple Citizen said...

Sage - Glad to know I have one follower that I haven't met in person.

I hope all is well since the storm. Enjoy voting tomorrow if you haven't already.